Utility equipment issues

Utilities who supply services such as gas, electricity, water, drainage and telecommunications have a legal right to place equipment under, on or over the public highway in order to serve commercial, social and residential properties.

Report utility equipment issues such as:

  • damaged manhole covers
  • open electricity or telecoms cabinets
  • leaning telegraph poles in the highway, carriageway, footway and verge

Report an issue

If you are reporting an emergency or an issue that you consider to be dangerous, please call Customer Services on 01344 352000 rather than completing the form.

Gas escapes should be reported immediately on 0800 111 999.

If you are reporting a clean water leak you should contact your water supplier for your address or if it is a foul water leak you should contact Thames Water.

If you have any other issues you should contact your provider: